Material & Technical Specs
• Dot Air fabric from Toray, 100% polyester
• Available in Black, Huckleberry, Vintage Indigo and Olive
• DWR with antimicrobial treatment 4-way technical stretch
• Highly breathable
• Quick dry fabric
WS-S02 V2 | Fitting Chart
A. Waist (Relaxed)
D. 1/2 Hem Width
Vinny (model with tattoos) is 6" with a 33-inch waist, 25in quads and weighs 190lbs. He is wearing a large in these images but also wears a medium when he wants a tighter fit.
Jeff is 6’4” with a 34-inch waist, bookshelf hockey butt, 25in quads, weighs 215lbs and wears a large.
*We have found some who need to size up in this particular short (generally those who are right in between sizes) so please take that into consideration when ordering. That being said, we recommend consulting the size chart.
Shipping & Returns
• First Class Estimated 1-3 Days
• Priority Mail 1-3 Days
• Priority Mail Express 1-2 Days
Orders placed before 12pm PST will ship the same day.
Orders placed after 12pm PST will ship the following business day.
Orders placed Friday after 12pm pst through Sunday will ship on Monday.
Orders placed on a holiday will also ship the following business day.
Walter Sky uses third party distribution. Shipment timeframes upon checkout are subject to change.
You have 30 days to return the product in its original condition, including tags, at no cost. Please email email@example.com with your order number for a return label. And please note warehouse hours above.
If you would like to exchange something from your order you will need to return that particular item and then place a new order for the new item. Once the original item is received you will be credited back that amount.
• The fabric — we had no intention of changing the fabric, but because it was made-to-order and we were one of the only companies running it, Toray had to make cutbacks during the pandemic.
• New slotted military bar buttons on the front fly, which are much more durable than the original buttons.
• New back pockets — we removed the single exterior back pocket and incorporated the pockets from the B01 and B02 so you have more storage capacity.
• We removed the Walter Sky patch from the backside of the leg and added Walter Sky in monochromatic embroidery.
WHAT WAS ALREADY THERE:
• Decorative jacquard trim on the fly, front pockets and side slit
• DWR treatment
• Elastic waistband with drawstring
• Button fly
• Front and rear mesh pockets
The inspiration for these shorts came from a picture I have of my father and myself walking through a park when I was three years old. In the picture he’s wearing a white t-shirt and a pair of three-inch inseam running shorts. My father is 6’7” so you can imagine how short they looked on him. They were his go-to shorts for exercise, yard work, swimming, playing basketball with us in the driveway and staying cool during the hot summer months. There weren't any memories of him wearing those shorts in a slightly more formal setting so we set out to improve on their versatility by classing them up a bit.
Had the WS-S02 been around when our father’s thighs were living their best life, the memories of him wearing them would continue on into the evening where we could be found eating steak dinners at Sizzler, bottomless soft serve at the local Chuck-A-Rama or taking advantage of dollar movie night at Starship Theatres.
There are occasions during the design process when we have to make a decision which tips the scale in a certain direction, even when the ultimate goal is to maintain an equal balance between technicality and aesthetic. With the WS-S02, the design element which tipped the scale was the button fly. The easy way out would have been a faux fly. With a faux fly there would be less chance of system failure (losing a button) but it would’ve also made the short much more technical in appearance.
When field testing the WS-S02, we wore them while playing volleyball, hiking, surfing, working out, doing yoga and out to dinner with the family. The main note we continued to emphasize to the factory during the testing phase was to secure the buttons as much as possible because we knew how much stress they would need to endure. Because of this we decided to upgrade to a slotted military bar button which is secured by a small piece of webbing. The addition of this new button on version 2 has allowed me to worry less about losing a button and focus more on pretending like I know how to surf and play volleyball.
Follow Our Journey